what’s the turkey dress code

we are a week away from thanksgiving and i can’t wait. it is a time that we give thanks for all of our  blessings without it being cluttered with all Christmas mania that seems to start earlier and earlier.

my family is headed to the mountains where the air will be crisp and a fire will be blazing all day long. we are casual for our thanksgiving meal (thanks mom!) which means jeans and a warm sweater and some cozy boots. below is my “classic” thanksgiving look but you can wear this the next day when you are hitting the black friday sales.  let me mention this real quick. these aquatalia boots are the most comfortable thing i own. they are weatherproof and hold up well to the elements. they are an investment but i’m going on eight years with mine and they look like i just pulled them out of the box. (sorry for digression)

for my birmingham peeps that’s lucky for you that jeans are part of my thanksgiving outfit because we are giving away a pair of jeans to one of our lucky stylebriefers. fabrik homewood has graciously given us a gift certificate and we want to show the love (some exclusions apply).

we are so lucky that fabrik recently came to birmingham. fabrik is  reasonably priced and my experience has been that the sales associates truly want to help you find the perfect outfit but also give you space to find it on your own because nothing bugs the you know what out of me when a sales associate hovers over you. won’t get that experience at fabrik; just helpful advice and just the right amount of attentiveness.

so…what do you have to do to win? Just comment  below and let us know what is your favorite thanksgiving tradition. caroline and i’ll choose one and you’ll be off to fabrik homewood to pick out your new favorite pair of jeans. but hurry, we’ll draw friday afternoon.

xo

martha

Comments

1. lt80s says

Our recent Thanksgiving tradition has been to head to the beach and kick it seafood-style and skip all the turkey and trimmings. I haven’t missed them a bit! I’d much rather have crab cakes than dry turkey and 3,000 calories worth of gravied side dishes.

2. Shannan Adkins says

We alternate between the beach and the mountains. We are going to the mountains this year with 26 of us in a big house, sitting by the fire, playing cards and eating and drinking into the night finished off with a lot of football watching on Saturday:)

3. MH3 says

Our newest family tradition is to have Thanksgiving at our home in Mentone. There’s nothing better than not hitting the actual stores on Black Friday. Thank goodness for our WiFi!!!

4. Sarah Sawyer says

We have no family in town so we travel, alternating families, but they all know that we have a right to change it to create our own tradition..but wherever that is, there will be SEC football watching. Cyber Monday is much more my style. Amazon Prime is my lifeblood.

5. Jacque Holley says

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! It’s the perfect way to kick-off the holiday season.before the Christmas craze sets in. Our traditions include waking up throughout the night to baste the turkey (and ham),watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade on TV, and a brisk morning stroll to visit neighbors (Bloody Mary in hand) – it truly is the best way to come together and count our many blessings. And then we get to look forward to the Iron Bowl to watch the Crimson Tide whip those AU Tigers!:)

6. says

Our traditions have had to change over the years as we have moved away from family and now moved back home. But football is ALWAYS a part of our Thanksgiving. In St. Louis, we joined friends each Thanksgiving morning for a family flag football tournament followed by brunch and every Thanksgiving night we make movie snacks and curl up for our first (of many) viewings of ELF to kick off Christmas!

Trackbacks

tell us what you think!!!