At y’all’s request, I went to my elves and told them I needed ideas for the young men. This wasn’t too hard as I’ve found the boys once you give them enough food will start to open up and let you know what they want for Christmas. I’ll be honest, some of the items you’ll see could be for the young women as well as some of the older men in our lives. Needless to say this was a fun one:
1.Swagway, the electric skateboard. I’ve already started seeing these pop up in my neighborhood but every person I talked to had this on their list. Simply stand on your Swagway and it will magically balance for you. The dual-action motors respond to your body movement. Shift your weight forward and it accelerates forward. Shift to the left or right to turn, or shift back to reverse. Swagway promises that after about 20 minutes you will have the hang of it. Prices range from $300 to $400, so it is an expensive gift. I had thought about putting this in my upcoming gift guide for families but since every young man I spoke to had this on the list I went ahead and listed it here. A couple of things; one, you get what you pay for so don’t try and save a few bucks. If you are going to spend this much money go ahead and get a quality model along with a warranty. The other thing is that it does have a governor on it. The image I kept seeing was some young teenage boy at the top of the hill racing downward.
2. Google Cardboard 3D Virtual Reality Glasses. This is one of my favorite items. Easy to put together, inexpensive and takes the phone and its images and turns into 3D. It is like having google glasses but a less expensive model. Prices range from $10 to $15 and is a must buy. Your teenager will think you are the coolest
3. Odyssey Nebula Cruiser. Ok gifts are just really cool this year. Think a slow moving drone with 36 LED lights. It is a remote control futuristic helicopter. Really words cannot do it justice so here is a link to how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvX5LkZTWQ . Between $90 and $100 this is another one that the whole family will be fighting over but watch out it is going fast.
4. Lily Ball 3. At six inches, this is a small gift that packs a big punch. This little device bounces off walls (without damaging them) and lights up the light. Controlled by a hand controller this is a gift that your teenager can play with inside without you screaming they are going to damage the walls. From $20 to $30 this is another great gift.
5. The PenUltimate &-in-1 Pen. You want to be cool at school this pen is awesome. The 7-in-1 Pen has a Phillips and flathead screwdrivers, a stylus, a metric and inch ruler, and more lights to make it look like a magic wand. At $25.00 you can’t go wrong.
6. Mobile Mini DJ Mixer. What about that bass. I feel like I’m channeling Meghan Trainor with this gift. In 30 seconds you can turn your Iphone, Tablet, CD player, or Computer into a bass playing mixer. Also did I say that it can fit into your pocket.
I hope this helps my friends with teenage boys, but as I was conducting my research all I could think was these sound really cool for my thirteen year old daughter too. Oh well, we know that one company has been tailoring its commercials to boys.