I am certainly not the only one who loves a trench. We all do, right? But, I feel that the trench is especially well designed for pre-spring days that are cooler (often by twenty degrees or so) during the morning. When a lightweight trench is layered on top, it can be cinched tight to provided added warmth by morning and thrown over the shoulders or left un-tied by afternoon.
There are some amazing pieces out there this Spring. I consider a trench a wardrobe basic that warrants a hefty investment. Having said that, there are some gorgeous options that don’t necessitate a deep purse scrounge. Try this one from Topshop, this one from Zara, or this one from Club Monaco.
My favorite one out there right now is this one from Theory, which I will place somewhere between hefty and entry level investment. It drives me wild because it reminds me of this one worn by Ece Sukan in a Vogue street style pic that I posted about in the Fall. Below, I put together a mood board of how I would style it.
I’m heading to the Nashville Antiques and Garden Show this weekend to hear Gwyneth and Bunny Williams speak. So excited.
Here’s hoping you have a fabulous weekend, too!
- Theory Trench, $595 at www.theory.com
- Kristen Elspeth Hammered Bar Stud Earrings, $55 at www.shopbop.com
- Tuck Detail Lightweight Sweatshirt, $50 at www.topshop.com
- Frame Denim Le Skinny de Jeanne jeans, $200 at www.net-a-porter.com
- Coach Saddle Bag in Python, $1400 at www.coach.com
- Lace-up d’orsay flats, $39 at www.zara.com