Ok so a little tongue in cheek but if you pull almost any blog post it is about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Don’t get me wrong it is a great sale and you should check your closet to see what you need and then go check out the sale. But last week my pocketbook took a hit. I had my dog’s teeth cleaned which man is expensive and then to top it off it was time to register for school and pay for dance team uniforms (not mine, with a sigh of relief). So when I needed to refresh a few of my makeup items it was time to head to the drugstore.
I love discovering drug store items. One I feel good about saving money and two, if I’m out of town and forget something I can just run into one of the thousand drug stores you will find on the corner without missing a beat.
So here are a few of my favorites:
- Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Stobing Stick. I’m a big fan of NARS The Multiple Cream Stick. It is easy to carry around and with a stoke on each cheek and a couple of rubs you are ready. Maybelline with its Master Strobing Stick has the same result, an irresdescent look at a fraction of the cost.
- Another Maybelline product, The Rock Nudes Palette. Seriously you get 12 eye shadows for less than 10 dollars. What a steal. This palette will take you into fall and with about a hundred different ways you can pair these shadows this is the buy of the day.
- Mirrored Nail Polish. This is genius and at less than ten dollars something we can all give a try. What a fun thing to do before heading out the door for a night out. All you do is apply a base coat then the mirrored polish and then seal with the base coat again. Don’t expect it to stay on very long but for an easy pick me up for when you can’t get inspired on what to wear this is the answer. (Don’t be scared by the web site showing long talons, keep your nails short when going for the mirrored look)
- Loreal Paris EverPure Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner. Not to long I mentioned summer hair and the fact that mine can get a little big without the right products or hair tie. I started using the Loreal Paris Shampoo and Conditioner when I was heading out of town and needed a travel bottle of sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I became hooked. I love these products. I really feel the conditioning component and after this trip I started using Loreal Paris on a full time basis.
- My last Maybelline product (I promise); Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer. I love the smooth consistency of this product. Simply turn the cap and concealer comes up. One tip, gentle on the roll up or you will get a glob of concealer and that’s not good.
So there you go; I’ve just saved you a few pennies so now you can go check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale